Monday, August 10, 2015

Maui Babe Browning & After Browning Lotion Review

As I was nearing the end of my Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil at the beginning of the summer, I decided it was time to try another product that feels better on the skin & leaves me with a better tan. I came across Maui Babe's browning lotion at Ulta and decided to give it a shot although I was questioning the color of the product.



The Maui Babe browning lotion is a dark brown product made with ingredients such as coffee plant extract (which does leave it with a strong odor). I was not looking for a lotion that would stain my skin so reviews online claiming that this lotion did stain clothing was concerning. Luckily, it did not stain anything and the smell was not as awful as the internet says it is. It smelt like chocolate in my opinion.. which I love :)

Here are some comparison pictures from the first day at the beach to 3x later at the pool:

The browning lotion needs to be rinsed off after use so I was really questioning if I should bring it to the beach or not, especially considering that reviews have said that sweating will lead to brown beads of sweat. I decided to try it anyway and was happy I did because did not have that problem. If you're going to be in and out of a pool, that's another story. You will definitely experience the product on yourself or on pool floats if you use them. 


Hands after application
Overall, I am going to continue to use this product although it is more difficult than a simple oil or colorless lotion. I do feel like my tan has accelerated and that the aloe in the lotion helps avoid burning. I follow-up with the After Browning Lotion Tan Enhancer and Healer which smells lovely. It is more gel-like than most creamy lotions which requires it to be rubbed in more.

Maui Babe Browning Lotion: $13.49 at Ulta , $10.89 online at Walgreens , $14.99 on Amazon
Maui Babe After Browning Lotion Tan Enhancer and Healer: $12.49 at Ulta , $10.89 online at Walgreens , $8.99 on Amazon

Follow me on Bloglovin'



1 comment:

  1. The color looks so natural! I could really use a good tan! haha! :) Have a great day!

    xo, Bry

    BrightonHill.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...