Monday, August 17, 2015

Ipsy August 2015 Glam Bag Review



Items Included:
-Houndstooth ipsy bag
-Hikari lip gloss in 'Merlot'
-AILA nail polish in 'Mister Pookies'
- Starlooks Pro black eyeliner pen
-Lather face wash
-Briogeo Blossom & Bloom volumizer


I have to admit that although I love the bag that everything came in, I was disappointed that my bag did not include the new Too Faced 'Hangover' primer that other bags received. As a matter of fact, I have not heard of one of these brands, which is always a bummer, but it's always fun to try new products.

I was most excited to receive the eyeliner pen because my Kat Von D tattoo liner has been running out and I needed a new one. The Starlooks pen is more difficult to use because it is so much thicker, you really have to only use the tip if you want a thinner line. However, I like how bold it goes on and seems to stay on. On the Starlooks website, this pen retails for $19.00 , 20% off with code 'IPSY'.

Swatch of Merlot lip gloss & Starlooks eyeliner pen

The color of the Merlot lip gloss looks pretty but the texture reminds me of why I hate lip glosses. It's very sticky so I probably will not be using it much at all. Retails for $13 on the Hikari Cosmetics website. 30% off + free gift with code 'hikari30'
Hikari Lip Gloss in 'Merlot'
I was also not a fan of the nail polish ipsy sent me. Completely because of the color. It's like an ashy black/brown. I may try it one day, but I was certainly not impressed in the color choice. I guess it;s vegan, which is pretty cool. Retails for $17 on the AILA website. 20% off with code 'IPSTER'

The Lather face wash was one of the better products in this month's bag. It smells just like green tea and lathers up without added water. Full size retails for $19 on the Lather website. 20% off + free sample with code 'IPSY20'

I don't know when I'll be sampling the volumizer because I rarely blow dry my hair. It smells just like lemon and is also vegan. Full size retails for $23 on the Briogeo website. 20% off with code 'IPSY20'




9 comments:

  1. You have been nominated by me for the Liebster Award :) Here is the link http://fabdaisy11.blogspot.com/

    Fab Daisy11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeliner pen sounds good, although it's s shame you didn't receive the hangover primer like some of the other bags, I think I would have been disappointed too!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh maybe it's because i'm a new subscriber. maybe next box something great will come up. xox

      Delete
  3. Someone already beat me to it, but I've also nominated you for the Liebster award!

    http://wanderingthroughlifex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Christine
    Just commenting to let you know I really love your blog and I have nominated you to do the Liebster Award here: http://megaanalicec.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/liebster-award.html
    I hope you have fun answering the questions and please tell me when your post is up because I would love to read it :)
    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I love your blog :)
    Just wanted to let you know I have nominated you in my Liebster Award post here: http://veespetitstresors.com/liebster-award/
    I hope you have fun answering the questions and please tell me when your post is up because I would love to read it :)
    Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I love your blog :)
    Just wanted to let you know I have nominated you in my Liebster Award post here: http://veespetitstresors.com/liebster-award/
    I hope you have fun answering the questions and please tell me when your post is up because I would love to read it :)
    Vee x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...